Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Has it really been six months since I've written?




My goodness, how time flies. Australia is a beautiful place, and I suppose time gets away from you.

So much has happened in these last few months:

Bruce and I celebrated our beautiful wedding reception
in beautiful Samford with family and friends, and I spent a week in beautiful Auckland, New Zealand, obtaining my VISA.

*sigh* So much beauty.

Bruce continues to work as an engineer in the workshop at the end of the property (and in my estimation) gets handsomer by the day:


And after a brief stint (and I DO mean brief) working for a company that produces court and evidence transcripts, I was hired into my dream job - as a school chaplain at Samford State school.


I am so blessed that my walk to work (yes, I am one of the priviledged few that get to walk to work) is a 20 minute stroll through the back woods. Apart from having to beat off the blowflies, spider webs and snakes, the walk is a tranquil and peaceful beginning and end to the day.

Bruce and I live in a fairy-tale cottage













.....(front view)...........

and despite the fact that the fairy tale is actually "Shrek":
.....................................................(the view we probably
.......................................................shouldn't show you)..........................................

we are very happy here.

So are the snakes in the roof and the toilet, but that's another blog.

So there you are, all caught up. I'll post more regularly now because I know you all can't get enough snake in the toilet stories....

Catch you later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brock said...

"Snakes in the Toilet", I'm sure Samuel L. Jackson is clamouring to star in that one.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you :)

wonderful photos

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home