Wednesday, August 10, 2005

An Ode To My Dryer Penned One Warm Summer's Night

I have softener sheets gripped in one hand
As in front of the dyer I stand
And on closer inspection
I see the collection
Of options I don’t understand

The machine is just trying to confuse me
There are settings and knobs that bemuse me
There’s “more” and “less” dry
And I cannot think why
The designer would be so dammed choosy

I think “isn’t ‘less dry’ just wet”?
And the thought of “more dry” I don’t get
But in my head there’s a voice
That says “why give a choice
If there isn’t a difference, and yet……..

If my clothes are too dry they’ll be rough
But then they might not come out dry enough
If I choose the wrong setting
Who knows what I’ll be getting?
When did doing the wash get so tough???”

Now, never before did I dread
Doing laundry, but now in my head
I’m so bloody confused
By the settings to choose
That I hang it dry outside instead

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant figure out my dryer either. not only does it have an array of buttons and switches that looks like the cockpit of an airplane, it goes bump in the night.

confusing AND spooky.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home