Thursday, July 06, 2006

poignancy

this is too beautiful not to share. jon is one of my dearest friends, and i recently told him about a man in australia that i very much want to make a special part of my life "in time". these are jon's words...

...At least he has Foxtell...although I'm a bit sceptical about the pink couch...And what's this "in time" crap???...Think about that one Annie for a minute...It's not just your time you know...what about his time...I will say something that I think everyone should be aware of...Religion, Politics, Work, Sport whatever are all well and good...but Love is the only engine of survival...I have seen love I have never seen a good politician or for that matter God..I can work anytime I wish and watch or play sport all day...but Love???...that only happens once in a great while...and the problem with the human ape is they are very quick to assign Love into a secondary place whilst spending most of their lives wishing they had more of it...as Mark Knoppfler asked in a song...When you gonna wake up and find your good man gone???...Annie as a friend I will advise you that if you wait too long, no matter how wonderful you are, no matter how well you do the oral thingy, a person can only wait so long...I'm convinced that when we as people meet somebody, we know right from that moment if we love them or not...there is no such thing as like...you like a car or a coffee...you love another heart...and if you feel that you and this fellow have any chance of success then be sure that it will wilt and die on the vine if you make him and yourself wait while you decide if you wish to dive in or just waggle your toes in the shallow end...this is what the newscaster was doing...I'm dying Annie...I don't have time for games or indecision...I would question ones committment to a cause if one was waffling...you can find God here...you can become a constable here...this is a land of great opportunity...you miss it...why make your heart cry when it could be smiling...and why expect somebody else to wait while you decide...what about them???...get your ass on a plane Annie...worst case scenario you can stay with me...I do have three bedrooms...pee or get off the pot...Love You...Jonathan...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get out there. Listen to your friend...Obviously I'm too young to have fallen in love before, but I've seen family and friends who've fallen in love and I've observed enough and know enough to agree deeply with your friend Jon.

11:28 AM  
Blogger AMackid said...

thank you - the words are absolutely true, but there are pragmatic concerns in my life that prevent my flitting off right now (if i leave, there is no-one to take care of my aging mother). but if i could offer any young person a piece of advice its don't put off your dreams.

if i'd listened to my gut 20 years ago, none of this would ever have been an issue ;)

4:09 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

thank you - but i was the loser that actually said "in time"!

did i mention its only been a couple of weeks? but your sentiments are deeply appreciated.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smiles* you seem to have a knack for finding friends who are spot on.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, then take of your mother, there's nothing like spending time with family, especially those in need. well, i guess all i can say is listen to your heart/instincts/gut..whatever you may call it, because chances are it'll lead you in the right direction...mine's leading me towards something i never thought could be done.

12:40 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

oooh tell us? i know i'd like to know.

and sadly, she won't come. she says it was hard to settle in a new country once, she'll never do it again...

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, good luck with everything then!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My "heart" is leading me towards rebuilding a relationship with my biological father.

1:18 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

ahhh... what a risky and exciting thing! i pray God guides you in this always...

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you...i really hope it works out, there are a lot of complicated factors and i haven't seen him in a very long time....so thank you so much for the prayer!! =)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home