Thursday, June 08, 2006

inner conflict

they are fixing the roof of my house, and the inner turmoil it is causing me is enough to make me weep:

on the one hand, i am deeply resentful of being woken up at 7:30am to the sounds of hammering, banging and general roof-repairing noises.

on the other hand, there are four half-naked, tanned, cut italian men scurrying around my property; all of them apparently under the age of 24, one of whom even asked for my phone number.

i believe this is what is meant by "mixed blessing"

4 Comments:

Blogger AMackid said...

i never date men young enough to be my kids.

11:59 AM  
Blogger ts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

old farts in australia that don't know when they've overstayed their welcome, i guess :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger ts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home