Saturday, October 08, 2005

The First Date

I cannot tell you just how I’ve
Looked forward to our meeting
But I have to say you knocked me sideways
With your cheerful greeting

You seemed so pleased to see me
Even though we’ve never met
You smiled and waved and called my name
Gave me a hug, and yet

It been so long since I have been on
Something like a date,
I have to say that meeting you
Has made it worth the wait

You order lunch for both of us,
Make sure that I’m looked after
The conversation flows like wine
So full of easy laughter

I listen to you tell me ‘bout
Your work and hobbies too
Your car, your friends, your soccer game;
You tell a joke or two

Oh wow you have gorgeous smile
And really handsome eyes
You’ve got the kind of sex appeal
You need not advertise

You seem so honest and sincere
Not easily annoyed
You’ve got a sense of humour and are
Gainfully employed

You seem to find me interesting
Hang on to every word
You ask me questions,
and have the cutest laugh I’ve ever heard

And I have to say I really like you;
Really think you’re great!
That’s how I know I’m guaranteed
There’ll be no second date.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ecgbert said...

It's been so long since I have been on
Something like a date


With a pic like yours I take it this obviously isn't from your own experience?

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home