Wednesday, June 07, 2006

an open letter to my ex who will not go away...

*ahem*

You’re an itchy, scabie, prickly rash, embarrassing and vile

A chronic, nasty canker that flares up once in a while

I wish you that would go away and simply leave me be

Instead I wonder when you will recur to bother me

I wish I’d never met you; wish that we’d never connected

Then I would have the joy of never having been infected

You’re crotch rot, hives, icthyosis; a swollen, bloated cyst

You’re scleroderma (localized), you are psoriasis.

You’re impetigo, anal warts, atopic dermatitis

You’re carcinoma, angioma, tinea capitis

You’re a burning yeast infection; you are darier’s disease

You’re keratoacanthoma, you’re chiggers and you’re fleas

You’re something I contracted in a third-world country dung house

You’re totally incurable like a nasty, toe-nail fungus

You’re Onychomycosis, you’re Pompholyx and Halo Nevus

Please tell me what I have to do to get you, man, to leave us?

I’d do anything I had to, to forget you were my mister

And remember you as simply an achrochordonic blister.

5 Comments:

Blogger artquest1 said...

Hi Ann
Wow, what a refreshing writer! When it comes to blogs, it seems virtually (no pun intended, maybe) everyone has the wit of a 1920 calculus manual, the perceptive eye of a psych 101 dropout (“George sucks, and he’ll be sorry he hasn’t called me, the fucker”) or the angst of a thirteen year old poet (“Alone, alone in the darkness. Abandoned. A flickering ember on the verge of extinction, and yet . . . A tiny spark! Hope exists surrounded by chaos!”).
Dare I say it? My friend, you not only are a wonderful “wordwright” but you have a scintillating and “spot on” sense of style! Please, keep on posting, and I will sit in my virtual corner, smiling and taking notes.
Thanks! Bob

1:20 PM  
Blogger artquest1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:20 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

thank you, whoever you are. you are very kind, and VERY forgiving!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravissima. [x178574]

2:21 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

and for those of you that have asked if he was really this bad... well, yes and no.

he is a charming man, creative, talented, funny, poetic and dead sexy.

sadly, he's also crazy.

i seem to attract that sort of a man.. :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home