Sunday, September 24, 2006

hic incipit la vita nova

i have always considered myself "a work in progress": a woman on a quest for self-betterment.

i have spent my life trying to be better today than i was yesterday, but not punish myself for not being as good as i will be tomorrow, or a week next thursday for that matter.

i try to develop my heart, my mind and my soul.

i have studied judaism, paganism, scientology, cardio-pulminology, ontology, oncology, oto-laryngyotomy and a few otomies i really shouldn't mention in polite company.

i have been politically active. like every good feminist, i burned my bra (although in hindsight, i really should have taken it off first). i have campained to save the rainforest, save the whales, save political prisoners in the sudan, save 3.00 when you buy six cases of mangoes, save the victims of various hurricanes, save the long-tailed, three-toed cambodian acne monkey.

i have strived to better myself physically. i have dieted and exercised. i have lifted weights. i have done yoga, pilates, spinning (THAT made me really dizzy, but i may have been doing it wrong, i'll admit), transcendental meditation and psychotropic medication.

i once tried primal scream therapy, but the other people in the library objected.

but for years i have shied away from the one thing that i knew for a fact would make me a better, kinder, smarter, faster, more egalitarian, politically astute, humble, vegetarian, and noble soul. but today, finally, i gave in to the inevitable.

that's right.

i bought tooth whitener.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What next Annie??

http://kylia.hautetfort.com/images/medium_gold_teeth.jpg

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;)...


umm...
What's " hic incipit la vita nova"?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home