Tuesday, September 26, 2006

a theological question for australians

a friend of mine, a recent immigrant to australia, posed a fascinating theological question, and we would love to hear your answers:

"If the Last Supper was held in Australia, what time of day would it be and what would be on the menu? "

as a theology student, and a devout christian, i believe my answer is both comprehensive and insightful (quit rolling your eyes! i can see you......)

a says: it'd be breakfast, they would have laid on anything that had a mother; tim tams and bundy rum; and the apostles would have been named andy, mate, johnno, phil, baz, mate, mate, jude, mate, mate, mate and who the f*** are you???

but tell me - what do YOU think?

5 Comments:

Blogger brisbaneoz said...

Presupposing the availability at an earlier time of 3 wise men and a virgin..

In my experience, Supper (in the land) downunder is tea and cake (so it was with some confusion that us recent immigrants arrived for a good feed only to leave sadly disappointed and somewhat hungry and searching for the nearest drive through) whilst tea is dinner or the evening meal but not supper.

The answer is by implication that the communion elements would be tea and cake .... (better than baptist grape juice... and sadly no XXXX or Bundy and pies in sight).

3:15 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

this was a favourite response from the myspace site:

A pi** up down at the local pub with beer and potato crisps.

The disciples would be bluey, me drongo mate Billy, the b*stard next door, johnno, me wog mate ( Italian Australian), a couple of sheilas ( women), a couple of Adelaide crows (footballers), sh*t face and two other cobbers of mine.


( Oh Lord forgive me for I know not what I have written)

(thank you tom)

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to think...but I do know I can't stop laughing..wow.. ;)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really...I've come back to it a few minutes later and it's still hilarious... thanks for the laugh.. ;)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow this sounds enormously likely, even if it is a teense sacrilegious ...

my, isn't it a jolly good thing we're forgiven?

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home