Sunday, July 16, 2006

cruel and unusual mom stories....

each story is 100% true. names have been changed to protect the deranged

from a dear friend who shall henceforth be known as 'la cucaracha'

I recently have my parents a SOLAR powered light for the pond they have on their deck at the cottage. I just got off the phone with her and she was saying that it had stopped working. I couldn't figure out why it would work for a coupl of weeks and then just stop. She wanted to know what knd of batteries it took and I reminded her that it was a ... SOLAR powered light and recharged during the day. Turns out for some unknown reason was bringing it inside every morning, something to do with being worried about the racoons that wander around.

from a dear friend in new zealand who shall never be known as 'la cucaracha'

one day my friend is over at her parents' house and her phone buzzes in her coat pocket. her mum says "what's that?"
my friend says "someone is sending me a text message"

her mum says "lovely! how did they know you were here?"

and from my own dear mother

we had an old aunt at a nursing home, and one day mum called to tell me we needed to get sally a new tv because at 9pm every night hers broke.

i said, "what do you mean every night at 9 it breaks"?

she said "sally says that it just shuts off and won't work after 9pm every night"

i said "do you think maybe the nursing home has a 'lights out' time ???"

my mum hadn't thought of that.

anyone here got a mom story they'd care to share? :)

6 Comments:

Blogger AMackid said...

anyone?

brock? steve? jon? james?

i know you are here... i can feel you lurking...

brock! cut that out.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin's mother...true story!

She was in Washington...and mind you she is a wonderful person, means well, and I love her to death, but there are many MANY stories of her going around the family...she screws up a lot..:)..

She was in Washington the state...was on her way home to Boise Idaho...ended up in california....;) she didn't realize it until the person riding with her (who had been asleep the whole time) woke up and asked her why the heck they were in california..!!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my cousin's mother...not the same person as in the story above...

A family member says to her, "Could you go get a philips screwdriver for me please?"

She says, "okay."

She goes and looks, and can't find one...she comes back..

She says,"There's only Craftsman in there!!"

(obviously she doesn't know that philips isn't a brand, it's a type...:) we all laughed...)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the above 2 stories is me, serenepeace, i just put my name onto the postings.

4:37 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

i think we have the same mother..!!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i suppose after raising kids, or, being in the process of raising kids, they're entitled to a little bit of craziness/mishap, whatever you want to call it!!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home