Friday, December 15, 2006

the prodigal returns

finally! my ticket to australia!

i will be in oz this time from jan 24 - feb 11, and (God willing). bruce and i will be taking a weekend in new zealand over that time frame, as neither of us has ever been to new zealand, and that is where my best friend girlfriend, margot, is.

i am so excited to finally be going back. and why? well.... because i get to be with him.

i am so humbled and delighted to have this man in my life. i am so proud of him, so in love with him, so amazed at what an extrordinary man he is. i am so deeply appreciative that he creates a safe space where i can go to pieces for an evening when the immensity of emigrating begins to get to me; that he makes me laugh when i am not expecting it; that he guides me and teaches me as we pray together and study scripture together. i am so humbled that he shares the most amazing and precious thing in this world with me: his life.

if i had to walk to australia to spend only five minutes with bruce, i'd do it gladly.

right.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say except I'm happy for you! :) Good for you..! I hope your time together is filled with joy, and I'm sure it will be.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great. Now I have that Proclaimer's song stuck in my head even though it is only 9,659.97 miles that separate the pair of you.

(I do expect your measure has more decimal places than mine and is updated hourly as movement dictates.)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmm .... I don't think you will be appreciative of my usual fruit basket for Christmas.....

God speed!

During your trip you will be amongst my joyful thoughts ...

Beauty is not an image, it is a feeling ... - one which you generated through this post my love.

Peace and Blessings!

Lil Sparrow

2:15 AM  
Blogger brisbaneoz said...

have a bath before you come and bring some marshmellows. We have a drought, we have bush fires and we have beer. (oh and to top it all we won the ashes - like we need more....)

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home