Thursday, November 23, 2006

mmmmmmmmusk

dearest, darling bruce,

thank you so much for the care package you sent yesterday. the waterproof keyboard is indeed a great help considering the gift you have for making me laugh while i have a mouthful of hot beverage, cold beverage, or goulash. i also very much enjoyed the delicious biscuits you sent me, and have tucked a few away in the kangaroo scrotum bag that i picked up in australia on my last visit. i am told that there is no better material for keeping food fresh than a scrotum!

i was also quite delighted by the musk sticks you sent. thank you! i was drooling just reading that this delicious confection was made from sugar, "humectant" (and to think that just the other day my doctor told me that i needed more "humectant" in my diet!) sulfides and the anal secretions of a certain species of deer. i can't imagine why the rest of the world doesn't enjoy this treat as well!

now, while an interesting candy, to say the least, it elicited quite the variety of reactions here. to the uneducated palet, the flavour was described as being like "soap", "incense" and "something that's been in a closet too long". cameron said it was rather like eating mennen speed stick, and expressed a thirst for some old spice, but for all of that the packet is empty and one or two people came back for another.

sadly, nitsa didn't take too well to it. as we speak, she is sitting at her desk, sucking on an exfoliating facial cleansing pad to get the taste out of her mouth, and while MC didn't like it too much either, she did take a couple home to her kids, because as you know her hobby is messing with their heads. i will admit i did get a kick out of watching people enjoy this first taste of a rare delicacy; some of them looked as though they were nibbling on sugar plums and turkish delight. others looked as though their tastebuds were dying a horrible death; screaming in agony as they withered and died, dropping from their tongues onto the floor of their mouths like a flock of tiny little sparrows flying through a cloud of methane emitted by a very large herd of musk deer.

but i digress.

thank you for enriching us and introducing us to something we've never tasted before. personally, i actually thought it was rather tasty, but then again, i very much enjoyed 'battlefield earth'.

i love you very much my sweet baby, and cannot wait until we can share such culinary delights together. i am dying to introduce you to canadian delicacies such as poutine, which is greasy french fries, unfermented cheese curd and lumpy brown gravy (i know, i know, you are drooling already!) and will kill you as surely as a bullet; hungarian delicacies like disznoszajt which, as you already know, is the entrails of a pig, spiced, chopped and stuffed into its skull to ferment; and jewish treats like "kishkes" which is flour and goose fat wrapped in intestines. yum!

my only question, naturally, is what sort of wine might go with stuffed intestines or head cheese?

all my love, annie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! great post!

psst.........

I'm also considered to be a Canadian delicacy.

tee hee hee...

L

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love musk sticks as a kid...then we moved to Europe or some such godawful place where the odours of two thousand years of civilisation have gathered to give the place what they call atmosphere..and so for the next three and a half decades I could only prevail upon my memory of how wonderful a treat the little pink stick had been...Oh how wrong I was...the Gods alone know why anyone would think this was a good idea...I personally... as enviromentally aware as I am...I support some wilderness/savethewhales group you know...can stand up and proudly say...the extinction of the wild Australian musk deer is not such a bad thing...of course the Australian Dental Association isn't all that pleased and it seems has waged a decades long war for the protection and responsible farming of the aforementioned bovine...thankfully to no avail...the last was brought to justice and served up at a roadside burgerbar just last week...crazed and distraught muskstix addicts are flocking to rehabs nationwide as I type...disnosajt eh???...you know I spent nearly an hour trying to rub/scratch or otherwise remove that little mark over the "o" from my screen...until I realised it was Meant to be there...how annoying is that?...where do you people buy your keyboards that you can accomplish such devilishly fiendish language distractions?...I once had a keyboard where every now again just by depressing the wrong key I would break out in Korean for no apparent reason to whomever I was chatting with at the time...but that was different...I mean a little mark over the "o"???..I ask you...what purpose does that serve the literal world?...nevermind...I'm like a five year old...it's all why why why???...and since we're on the subject...last saturday I received a haircut from my daughter's mother...a mohawk...no not the mother...my haircut...now a mohawk is just a skinhead with a backup plan...like a scotsmen is just a cranky jew in a skirt...so since I'm jewish and I now sport a radical far right styling hairdo...I decided in my infinite wisdom that I should probably start a far right Jewish political group...so I did...we...and I use the term royally...are now known as The Far Right Jewish Politikal Group...catchy huh?...our close friends just call us Jewish Jihadists...we meet every Wednesday at Bad Girls erotik dance bar...join us won't you...and I really enjoy this part of any new relationship...the lovey...the dovey...I have found through experience that Love is like vegemite...it leaves a horrible after taste which for some reason your brain has trouble understanding, believing the tongue to be a sensory infidel and probably out on the piss the night before, and thus forces the rest of you to try it again to make sure...this goes on for your entire life...your brain is crazy...don't listen to it...it's a big mass of electrodes sparking off inside your skull trying to process a few billion random thoughts a second...you just know no good can come of that sort of usage...no...you must listen to your heart...yes it may lead you into the gutter of reality...down the drain of society and be washed along with all the other flotsam and jetsam upon the great river of Life...but at least you'll feel good about it all...ah musk stix...was there a more flavourful, sweet and sticky bovine by product ever made?...thankfully not...

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home