Friday, November 24, 2006

dentists must be a hoot at parties

so i finally got a temporary crown put on the broken molar, which is both a relief, and rather disturbing as there is a tooth there that i know is not MY tooth. its like a zombie tooth.


still, it was wonderful catching up with my dentist, to whom i have consigned my teeth for the last 20 years or so. as i sat in the chair, waiting for the procedure to begin, a lovely turkish lady named "ozzie" (i kid you not) hooked me up to a water spigot, a suction hose (and what a strange, yet not entirely unpleasant sensation, having your tongue vacuumed is - ed) a machine that goes *ping!*, six cotton sponges to line my gums and a bite guard. then i got not one, but three injections of anasthetic. it was when i realized that my lips no longer were under my direct control was i ready for the dentist.

dr. fox: andrea! great to see you! how are you doing?

me: hi ho hay. hanccchachayy hehihihig.

dr. fox: terrific! so what have you been up to?

me: ay ang hoooohinh ho ngauhayiiiaahhh.

dr. fox: australia? really? that's amazing. when are you going?

me: hnegnedayheee

dr. fox: wow. its hot in brisbane that time of year. you have someone special there?

me: gnech! he ig a hangahim hang aaaa iiii hucccchhh hing heggy huuhhhh.

dr. fox: well, you'd have to to go all the way to australia for him! what's his name?

me: hoooccchh

dr. fox: and what does he do for a living?

me: hneee hang hennyheeehhhh. he gnaggg a hoong ayyyy ung hungagaaah gnag hang ay hanh hoogn neeng oooonngaaa ayy.

dr fox: ha! ha! still have the same sense of humour, i see. how's your mum?

dentists are such sociable creatures. i can even forgive him for the zombie tooth.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny :D

Yes, I hate that..mouth being numb that is..for 20 hours in my case...just because I had 2 extra teeth 5 years ago that had to be pulled out...novacane, they didn't quite use enough of it, so I felt part of their "process" of pulling out my teeth, then they injected too much, and my mouth was numb, i kid you not for at least 20 hours...Fun day that was...;)

I have absolutely no idea how they fit all of that stuff in your mouth at once...

I know, I know, I shouldn't sound so enthused about the dentist huh? :)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh ...

I am soooooooo dissapointed that you didn't get a grill.... and it would have been so becoming.

L

9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started an argument with a dentist a couple of years ago, which is never a smart thing to do.

His perfect strategy was to get his tools into my mouth and keep them there while he repeated HIS side of the argument over, and over, and over again.

By the time I could speak again, I was way too steamed up to say anything at all.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could we have more writing please? Where did she go?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home