Monday, February 04, 2008

The Colledges: One year on

Today is Bruce and my first anniversary, and what an incredible year its been. Its been a year of incredible love, adventure, learning, growth, pain, joy, and amazing surprises.

I've learned so much:

I have learned that there is no such thing as a "fairy tale" marriage. Every marriage is real, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I have learned that it will never be perfect; but that doesn't mean it won't be brilliant.

I have learned that you can be angry with someone, but that your love, respect and admiration for them won't waver for a moment.

I have learned that you have to go into it committed to never come out: it takes no great courage or strength to divorce (anyone can give up or run away) - it takes incredible courage and strength to make your marriage work.

I have learned that there are three things that make a marriage work: love, acceptance and forgiveness.

And I have learned that I have the most wonderful man on earth for a husband.

Here's to another brilliant year with you, my love.......

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy HAppy HAPPY!!!!

All the best to you and Brucilla!!!

All the ebst for years to come!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

M

10:23 AM  
Blogger Brock said...

One year on and you *still* are making my teeth hurt. Both of you.

6:12 PM  
Blogger AMackid said...

hee hee hee :-P

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive missed your posts, Annie.

congratulations on your anniversary.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moooooooooooooooooooooooooo

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Good, The Bad, and the Godly said...

Wow. 5 years on and already I sensed it was going to be a disaster...

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home